Fertility treatment in a friendly relaxed environment
Frequently Asked Questions
What is my chance of achieving a pregnancy (pregnancy rate) following an ovum pickup and fresh embryo transfer?
- The pregnancy rate for women under 36 years of age following the transfer of a single day 2 embryo is 29%.
- The pregnancy rate for women of all ages following the transfer of a single day 2 embryo is 24%.
This means that 24% of all women will achieve a pregnancy following embryo transfer after a stimulated cycle.
Results differ for the number of embryos transferred. Tas IVF has a policy of normally transferring one embryo to reduce the chances of twins. A decision to transfer more than one embryo is made with the patient on an individual basis.
What is my chance of achieving a pregnancy from a transfer following a Frozen Cycle?
Embryos that are transferred in a Frozen Cycle are different to fresh embryos in that they have undergone the additional steps of freezing and thawing. This procedure does affect how an embryo behaves and its ability to implant in the uterus.
For embryos that survive with all cells intact and divide overnight for single embryo transfers and day 2 embryos only the pregnancy rate
- For women under 36s year of age is 21%.
- For all ages is 17%.
How often does embryo transfer produce twins?
- In women that choose to have a single embryo transferred the chance of twins is virtually nil.
- In women that choose to have two embryos transferred if you get pregnant you have a 42% chance that you will have twins.
- If you are under 36 years of age and you elect of have a two embryo transfer if you get pregnant you have close to 50% chance of having twins, that is, one out of every two pregnancies will be a twin pregnancy.
What is the likelihood that my Stimulated Cycle will be cancelled?
5% of patients that start a stimulated cycles are cancelled before they get to ovum pick up.
How quickly can I start treatment?
Within 4 weeks of your enquiry. Your first treatment cycle should be able to start with your next menstrual period.
How many embryos are transferred in a treatment cycle?
Be aware that at TasIVF we have a long history of encouraging single embryo transfer to reduce the chance of twins. This means that our pregnancy rate might be lower than other IVF unit reported rates. We use pregnancy rate to monitor our own success and do not use it to compare with other units due to differences in this policy.